Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad

My latest photographic project is teaming up the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad with the Cuyahoga Valley Photographic Society.  

From September 2012 through September 2013, the photo society is photographing all aspects of the scenic railroad. 

The railroad runs through the Cuyahga Valley National Park and provides access to the park through the vintage tracks the cut through the valley floor. 






I got the idea of trying to capture more of the people and equipment that make up the heart of the scenic railroad.   Through the permission of the scenic railroad, I have been fortunate to gain access to the maintenance yard along with meeting and learning about the hundreds of volunteers and handful of salaried employees of the railroad.





The photographic project is still in its infancy, but already is rewarding me with unique ideas that I wouldn't have thought of capturing.






You can see my ongoing image galleries at my smugmug site:

Fitzwater Maintenance Yard

Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad




No comments:

Post a Comment