Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spring Wild Flowers

Ill-Scented Trillium

The wild flower season is in mid form right now.   Traditionally the months of April and May are my favorite for going out in some of my favorite spots in the parks near me to search out flowers in bloom.

This year the trillium species has been exceptional.  

Red Trillium


You can view more of my trillium images at the following links:

Rocky River Reservation - Cleveland Metro Parks

Johnson Picnic Area - Cleveland Metro Parks

Rue Anemone with Dew Drops

A few other notable areas I have concentrated on this year are Hemlock Creek Picnic area in Bedford Reservation of the Cleveland Metro Parks:


Virginia Blue Bells  and  Bellwort

So get out and enjoy these fleeting blooms. 

2 comments:

  1. fantastic shots Jerry. Very inspiring. Especially love the light and drops on the Anemone shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing these. I especially love the anemone shot with the droplets

    ReplyDelete