Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lakeview Cemetery


My exploration of monuments has continued.  The latest is the very historic Lakeview Cemetery in Cleveland.   The two most famous people interned there are the former U.S. President James A Garfield and John D. Rockefeller.

The James A Garfield mausoleum is very beautiful, but falls outside of my continued exploration of monuments.   Someday in the future, I will photograph it, but because it has been photographed, by so many people, it doesn't have the same appeal as much lesser known monuments.

To see and learn more about Lakeview cemetery, you can visit there website at:
Lakeview Cemetery Website

My inspiration both at Glendale Cemetery and Lakeview are the beautiful monuments and the sculptures that so capture my eye and camera.





The two images above represent what I really enjoy about many of the monuments. The grace, gentleness and beauty in the monuments really has captured my imagination.

Along with this beauty, I enjoy seeing the intimate beauty that is so special around the grounds.



To view my favorite images from Lakeview Cemetery, you can visit my smugmug web site at:

No comments:

Post a Comment