Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Water in Winter


I'm fascinated by water.   The dynamic energy of a moving stream or the calm of a tranquil pond. It doesn't matter, water fascinates me like few other subjects.

Cold winter temperatures and water takes on a whole new dimension - ice.   I'm lucky enough to live in an area that offers many opportunities to watch winter grip water and transform it into magical shapes and textures.

This winter, unfortunately  has been unseasonably warm.    The opportunities for ice have been limited.   Luckily the last few weekends, mother nature has given us conditions to see and experience ice and water together.

The above image was taken at one of my favorite gorge areas - Viaduct Park in Bedford Reservation of the Cleveland Metro Parks.     The water level was very high for this time of year when I visited with some photography friends.   We had a nice mix of flowing water and ice formations.


The great falls of Tinkers Creek forms the backdrop for this beautiful gorge area.  Always a treat to visit in the winter.

You can view my shots from this area on my smugmug page:





I mentioned in my previous blog that I had updated my Cleveland Lake Erie Shore gallery with some sunset pictures.    The above was taken during that evening and the sun was just hitting the buildings before setting for the evening.

You can view the updated gallery at:

Cleveland Lake Eire Shore Gallery - Winter 2012

1 comment:

  1. You and me both brother. I love water throughout the year. These are three nice shots, but I am very partial to the first where you have done a great job of capturing the motion and form of the water.

    ReplyDelete