Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My new photography blog

Welcome to my new photography blog.

In the past, I have created an email newsletter for keeping people in touch with my photography.  Moving forward, and joining the 21st century, it is time to create this new blog to help share what and where my camera and thoughts continue to take me.

You can 'subscribe' to new blog postings by adding your email address at the bottom of this blog - just hit the "Follow my photography blog by email"  to the right.      Then as I post comments (short or long), you'll be on the email list for new updates.

One neat feature of blogging is the ability for readers to add comments.   You can do that below under the 'Post a Comment' box

I still have my web site with images (both old and new).    You can find my web site under the 'Web Links' section on the right hand side of this new blog.

Now that you have the basic idea of the layout, you are probably wondering what I've been doing.

Well the photography continues in earnest.   The fall season brings about the most beautiful time of year in northern Ohio with fall colors and crisp air all around you.

Before I show you some new images, I'm very excited to share my newest 'photography' hobby - video!!!!

In August I bought a used camera that can photograph both still images and videos.   It is a lot of fun to explore nature and people with the newest 'toy'.      I have a few videos I've created that I hope you will enjoy.

The first is a video featuring late summer and insects that live near me.   Being fascinated by insects, the video gave me a great opportunity to share some time with them along with learning more about video.

Note about viewing the video - If your web browser shows a picture, you can hit the play button within the picture to play the video, or if you click on the title for the video, that will take you to web hosting site Vimeo to watch the videos via there web site.



This first video I call 'Intimate Summer Morning'.   Music by Chet Atkins.





The second video is called ' Water: Lifeblood in the Valley'. Music by Natalie MacMaster.





Last are a few new fall images.

First is from an exploration I did on a small waterfall that was shared with my by National Park Ranger Rebecca Jones during the spring.    I revisited the location late one fall afternoon and was delighted to find fresh fall leaves floating in the 'bowl' below the falls.   I love leaf swirls and this was a perfect opportunity to play with long (10" - 15") exposures to create the abstract colors at the base of the waterfall.


Last is the beautiful Bridal Veil Falls in the Bedford Reservation of the Cleveland Metro Parks:




You can always view my latest photography work at my website:





So there you have it - my first blog on the web.   Let me know what you think.   Let me know ways to improve the content or layout.   Being new to this, there will be growing pains - so be patient with me!!!

Enjoy your fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment